Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Destinations

This past summer I went on a road trip to Tucson, Arizona with my sister and two friends. We drove 3,500 miles from Wisconsin with very few stops, except to spend the night in Oklahoma, I believe. The scenery that can be observed throughout the road trip is not particularly thrilling. The drive can be exhausting and boring if one doesn't stay optimistic about the destination. The first photograph below was taken while passing through Kansas. The scenery in Kansas was, admittedly, not the most beautiful point of the drive. In fact, the most we saw were open fields and telephone wires. Occasionally, we would pass through abandoned towns that were teeming with junk, as illustrated by the photo below:



I have this photo on my bulletin board adjacent to the next photograph on this page. The second photo was taken after a two hour hike in Ventana Canyon. A beautiful spot in Tucson. I loved being immersed in that moment. It's indescribable. I like to view these pictures together because it reminds me that sometimes we have to get through all that junk to reach that one moment. 


Capturing Cacti in Photography: 


No comments:

Post a Comment