Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Perspectives

Even though this chandelier is a work of art in itself, I wanted to view it in a new way. I thought the contrasting shapes of the blinds and light fixture made for an interesting photograph. The gray tones of the winter's day viewed through the intricacies of the chandelier translates into something quite relatable. 

Throughout the winter, I can feel disconnected from the outside world. I understand the chandelier as a personification of seasonal affective disorder because I often times find myself looking out the window hoping for a ray of light. The following photographs exhibit how seeing beauty in something that seems insignificant can actually remind us to remain hopeful for what is to come. Life is all about perspective. 







No comments:

Post a Comment